FanPost

Pitchers of Ice or Fire: What Kind of Pitcher Do You Prefer?

It's Friday and I'm bored, so poll time! What kind of starter do you prefer?

Pitchers of Ice: cold, unemotional, their patron saint is the ultimate robot, Roy Halladay. They just do their job and then go home to enjoy a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Icemen in the Jays rotation:

Morrow: Morrow thinking to himself, "Ho hum, guess I'll just strike out the side. It's probably best this way, that 3B of ours is quite the excitable fellow, no telling what he might do with a ball hit his way."

Alvarez: This man must be dead inside, just pounds the zone with mid-nineties sinkers and cares not for whether they go for groundballs or homeruns. Strikeouts? whoa, hold on there, that sounds a little too exciting, he might actually feel something if he did that.

Hutchison: "Coach told me that I should pitch a little better, so gosh darnit, that's what I'm going to do."

Pitchers of Fire: the wildmen of the rotation, they get visibly upset by any hit and do things like shout obscenities in their gloves. Their patron saint is Dave Stieb, a man unafraid to call out his own fielders or talk to himself on the mound.

Fiery Jays starters:

Romero: shouting in glove, "@#%# Ricky, c'mon, you've got this guy, finish him off" throws perfect changeup, JPA says "good bullpen session today, Ricky."

Drabek: after another 3-2 count, "you're going down motherf******, meet Uncle Charlie" bounces curveball 5 feet in front of the plate, is Kyle's 6th BB of the day.