Blue Jays Place Drew Hutchison on Disabled List, Call Up Robert Coello

Blue Jays Press Release:

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have placed RHP DREW HUTCHISON on the 15-day disabled list with a right elbow UCL sprain. RHP ROBERT COELLO has been recalled from Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA).

HUTCHISON, 21, posted a 5-3 record with a 4.60 ERA in 11 starts in his rookie season. The 6-2, 195 pound right-hander picked up the win in his Major League debut on April 21 in KC and had won four of his last six coming into yesterday’s start. The Lakeland, Florida native is in his 3rd professional season after being selected in the 15th round of the 2009 draft.

COELLO, 27, is returning to the club for a second time this season, having been on the roster from June 1-7 previously. The 6-4, 215 pound right-hander made one appearance for the club on June 1 vs. Boston, holding the Red Sox scoreless in two innings of work (2.0IP, 3H, 3K). The Bayonne, New Jersey native has appeared in 19 games (three starts), posting a 4-1 record with a 3.00 ERA for Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA) thus far in 2012.

Hugo: With so many injuries, it remains to be seen what the Jays rotation is going to look like. The Ulnar Collateral Ligament, of course, is the Tommy John ligament, so this is scary news and hopefully it is just a sprain and Hutchison can resume throwing soon. Get well soon, Drew.