Jays Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TORONTO, ONTARIO

SATURDAY, JUNE 2, 2012

BLUE JAYS CLAIM RHP CHRIS SCHWINDEN

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have claimed RHP CHRIS SCHWINDEN from the New York Mets on waivers. To make room on the 40 man roster the Blue Jays have designated RHP DANIEL FARQUHAR for assignment.

SCHWINDEN, 25, has appeared in three games for the Mets this season, making two starts and posting a 0-1 record with a 12.46 ERA. The 6-3, 190lb. right-hander will report to Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA). The Visalia, California native has made nine starts this season for the Buffalo Bisons of the International League (AAA) where he was 3-4 with a 2.59 ERA. Schwinden also pitched for the Mets in 2010 making four starts. He now has a career record of 0-3 in seven games, six starts with a 6.98 ERA.

FARQUHAR, 25, has made 20 appearances this season for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats of the Eastern League (AA). The 5-9, 180lb. right-hander has a 0-1 record with one save and an ERA of 2.97. Farquhar, originally drafted by Toronto in 2008 (10th round), made three appearances for Toronto last season posting a 0-0 record with a 13.50 ERA.