Blue Jays Recall Joel Carreno to Make Today's Start

Today's Starter Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

The Blue Jays have recalled Joel Carreno to make the start this afternoon.

Joel has pitched 12 innings for the Jays and has a 4.50 ERA. He made one start, going 6 innings against the Indians back on April 8th.

In Vegas he had 4 starts with a 6.20 ERA. He's also made 7 starts in New Hampshire with a 4.71 ERA.

The Jays said that they would use the bullpen to cover today's game but I guess with the number of innings pitched yesterday, they realized they needed someone that might get them deeper in the game.

No word on the player that is on his way to Vegas to make room for Carreno. Likely Coello or Chavez.

Update: Surprise, the player going down is Yan Gomes. I don't get it, but I hope it means they think Travis Snider is close to being ready to be called up.