Blue Jay Promotions: Andrew Tinnish To Assistant GM, Brian Parker To Director, Amateur Scouting

The Jays announced, what Bob Elliot twittered the other day, that Andrew Tinnish has been promoted to Assistant GM, joining Tony LaCava and Jay Sartori as assistants to Alex Anthopoulos. Brian Parker moves up to role of Director, Amateur Scouting.

Tinnish started with the team as an intern, back in 2001 and moved up the scouting ranks. He has been an Area Scout, Scouting Coordinator, Assistant Scouting Director and became the Director, Amateur Scouting back in October of 2009.

Parker joined the Jays in 2009 as a Professional Scout coming over from the Washington Nationals. He moved up to Professional Crosschecker in January. He has also worked for the Rockies and Expos, as well as the Nationals.