There's a storm coming... - June 22nd 2012 - Jays @ Marlins - Gamethread

April 2, 2012; Miami FL, USA; A general view of Marlins Park during spring training game between the New York Yankees and the Miami Marlins at Marlins Park. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
And now, the end is here And so I face the final curtain

Finally! The end of interleague is upon us as the Jays close out another stint of interleague. This year interleague seemed especially painful, now I recognize that may be because the Jays lost practically everyone in their rotation but still!

Ricky Romero takes the mound tonight against Anibal Sanchez. We all know the score so far this year on Ricky. He hasn't quite looked like the same guy from the past few years. There doesn't seem to be quite the life on his fastball and he just isn't spotting that change-up that has always been so effective for him. Despite this he is still holding down the 7-1 record and leads the staff with that mark (Way to pitch to the score Ricky!). The Jays are facing Anibal Sanchez who can strike out quite a few and if he has his good fastball going is likely to give the Jays fits tonight.

2012 - Ricky Romero 7-1 15 14 0 0 0 0 88.1 75 46 42 11 42 64 4.28 1.32

2012 - Anibal Sanchez 3-5 13 13 0 0 0 0 85.2 73 37 33 8 24 80 3.47 1.13

The Marlins are an interesting team this year. They spent and took on a bunch of salary in the offseason and while not all of it has worked out (*cough* Reyes *Cough*), they were going to get better regardless. The Marlins are currently sitting 4th in the tough National League East with a 33-36 mark. This is mostly because of a poor month that has seen them drop 14 of 18 games. Depending on how you want to look at it, this is either good news for the Jays since they are slumping, or bad news because they are due. Take your pick!

After the jump for series info and lineups.

Current Series

3 game series vs Marlins @ Marlins Park

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Miami Marlins

Friday, Jun 22, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Marlins Park

Ricky Romero vs Anibal Sanchez

Partly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/23 1:10 PM EDT
Sun 06/24 1:10 PM EDT

Reminder a few ground rules for the gamethreads that are in effect.

1. Please no Gifs or images during the game threads. The threads go by quick and with a lot of people tend to slow down for people. We understand it isn't as bad for people already in the thread but anyone new coming in has a nightmare of a time loading mutliple images. --- As a side note as the game end we will lift the ban and you can go as crazy as you like.

2. Don't argue with any of the moderators. Think of it like arguing balls and strikes, you can get tossed. If you have a problem with the rules feel free to e-mail either Tom or myself (our e-mail is at the bottom of the page). Rules link

3. No linking to any illegal streams