Travis Snider Watch

Since I put one of these up yesterday, when he had a good day, I feel it is only fair to put one up today, when he wasn't as good. Only 1 for 5 for Snider, a single, with a sac fly and a strikeout, 1 RBI. Since he's back in Vegas he has a 6 game hitting streak, going 9 for 25 (.360), 3 home runs, 10 RBI, 5 walks, 3 strikeouts in the 6 games.

Having better games for the 51's, who won 11-6 over Tucson,were:

Anthony Gose: 3 for 5, 2 doubles, walk, steal, .299/.378/.438.

Adeiny Hechavarria: 1 for 3, triple, 3 RBI, 3 walks, k, .330/..376/.461.

Travis d'Arnaud: 3 for6, double, home run, 2 RBI, 2 k. .333/.381/.596.

Adam Lind: 2 for 5, home run, 3 RBI. .400/.457/.658. First home run since June 12.

Yan Gomes: 2 for 4, double, walk. .347/.383/.584.

Eric Thames: 2 for 4, walk, k, steal. .288/.389/.438. After a slow start with Vegas, Eric has hit .343/.467/.429 in his last 10 games. Only 2 extra base hits, a double and a triple, but still he's getting on base.

I'm still guessing (or maybe it is hoping) for a Monday call up for Travis. We'd be finished with interleague play, so we'd have the DH back. I don't think it would be a bad idea to have 4 decent outfielders. Have someone that could spell Jose Bautista in RF, letting Bautista DH for a half day off. Or giving Colby a day off in CF, maybe letting him DH too. If we had Travis, Rajai could fill play CF and Snider left for a game.