Adam Lind and Ben Francisco heading back to the Jays

TORONTO, CANADA - APRIL 29: Adam Lind #26 of the Toronto Blue Jays throws to first against the Seattle Mariners during MLB action at the Rogers Centre April 29, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Adam Lind has had his contract purchased from AAA Las Vegas. Ben Francisco is being activated as well. To make room on the roster Mike McCoy and David Cooper are being sent back down. The move will allow Rajai Davis to continue playing LF with Francisco on the bench.

Adam Lind will likely split time between DH and 1st base with Edwin similarly to what he did earlier this year. The move will allow Cooper to play every day at first base.

Not a big fan of the move myself. Would have preferred to see Snider, if they really wanted to keep using Davis he could have DH, but the thought that Davis is keeping Snider out of the MLB lineup is laughable to me.

People will talk that Adam Lind earned the callup by mashing AAA pitching but if I'm not sure you really could have expected him to do anything else while he is there.

We'll see how it goes, but considering the major problems on this team currently reside in the rotation this likely won't help all that much.

EDIT: Sergio Santos was also placed on the 60 Day DL to make room, really not important since he has already been on the DL for over 60 days anyways so it doesn't make a difference.

SB Nation Featured Video