Where Would You Bat Adam Lind?

A Lind home run. I hope we can post a new picture of him doing that very soon. (Photo by G. Newman Lowrance/Getty Images)

Adam Lind is back up and I am hoping he does well. As much as I would have preferred Travis Snider. I'm a fan of the idea of using the DH spot to rest players. For the past while we've had 3 major league outfielders on the active roster. So each has played everyday. If Snider was up, you could give Jose Bautista a day as DH, now and then, and keep his bat in the lineup. Same with Colby Rasmus. Up until now, if they had wanted to give Bautista a break, Mike McCoy would have had to play outfield. Starting today it would be Ben Francisco. Neither option thrills me.

I have this bad feeling that we are going to see more of Francisco than we would like, Alex was talking about platooning him and Lind, having Edwin Encarnacion DH against RHP, with Lind at first, and using Francisco against LHP with Edwin at first.

Anyway, Lind did play well in Vegas, hitting .392/.448/.664 with 10 doubles and 8 home runs in 32 games there, so we might as well see if he can continue to hit like that in Toronto. I have a hard time with the idea that 125 minor league at bats should make us over look the 2.5 crappy major league seasons we've been through with Adam, but I'm willing to pretend I think that there was something wrong with his swing that a month in the warmth of Vegas could fix.

The question on my mind is where are we going to put him in the batter order. Please not cleanup. Please.

So I thought I'd ask you all what you'd like see for a batting order (with the guys we have on the roster now) against RHP and LHP? Tonight we going up against a lefty, so we'll see what Farrell thinks about things. I'm not looking forward to seeing Francisco out there, but then he'd likely be better than Lind against a southpaw.

At least playing around with the batting order is a little more fun for Farrell than wondering what to do with the starting rotation. The poor guy is going to be gray soon.