Roster Moves: Scott Richmond Up, Robert Coello Down, Jaimie Moyer Signed to Minor League Deal

BOSTON, MA - JUNE 25: John Farrell #52 of the Toronto Blue Jays removes Henderson Alvarez #37 against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park June 25, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

This starting pitcher thing would have driven me to drink, had I not already been drinking. We did discuss ordering shots when Henderson Alvarez left the game, but we didn't do it. I guess beating the Red Sox makes everything seem better.

During the rain delay, it was announced that the Jays are bringing up Scott Richmond from Vegas. I'm not sure if they are planning to give him a start or if they plan to use him in long relief. I'd imagine that he will be getting a start somewhere along the line. Richmond is 6-5 with a 5.46 ERA in 15 starts, 1 relief appearance, in Vegas. He's given up 93 hits, 28 walks with 71 strikeouts in 85.2 innings. Not bad considering he was playing for the 51's.

Robert Coello is going the other direction. Well, that's the plan anyway. I'd guess that if Henderson Alvarez were to have to go on the DL Coello could end up staying with the team.

To make room on the 40-man roster, the Jays moved Drew Hutchison to the 60-day DL.

Also, the Jays signed 49 year old Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract. He's going to pitch in Vegas for now and we'll see from there. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Moyer was 2-5 with a 5.70 ERA in 10 starts for the Colorado Rockies.