Jamie Moyer Watch

This is what we have to look forward to. I was going to use a picture from early in his career, but they are all in black and white. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)

I think that's the saddest headline I've ever had. That's where this season has taken us, we are interested in how Jamie Moyer pitched. Things have gotten so bad that Jamie Moyer could be an improvement.

Anyway, the 49 year old made his first start for Vegas, last night. He pitched 5 innings (us old guys have to go to bed early), giving up 7 hits, 1 walk, 2 home runs, 6 strikeouts and only 3 earned runs. How he only give up 3 runs off 7 hits and 2 home runs, I don't know. He also got the win. 4 ground outs to 5 fly outs. They played in Tacoma, which isn't as much a hitter's park as the one in Vegas, but still a hitter's park.

Travis Snider had a good day, going 3 for 6, all singles, 2 RBI, 1 strikeout. The last 10 game Travis has a .326/.400/.581 line, 3 home runs, 6 walks and 6 strikeouts.

Other 51's of note:

  • Adeiny Hechavarria: 0 for 6, 3 k. Season line: .312/.357/.435. Last 10: .213/.255/.298, 3 walks, 12 k.
  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 5, double, walk. Season: .291/.372/.424, 29 steals. Last 10: .279/.392/.465, 7 bb, 14 k.
  • David Cooper: 1 for 4, 2 walks. .292/.382/.491.
  • Yan Gomes: 3 for 4, HR, 2 walks, k. .352/.398/.587. Since he's been back in Vegas: .367/..486/.567.
  • Moises Sierra: 2 for 5, walk, 2 k. Season: .302/.374/.480. Last 10: .306/.405/.472. 5 walks, 7 k.
  • Eric Thames: 2 for 5, double, walk, k. Vegas numbers: .289/.385/.443. Last 10: .325/.400/.425. 4 walks, 8 k.