Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays Over the Last Two Weeks: June 15 to 28

Another interesting two weeks for the Jays. We went 7-6, surprisingly enough, considering we have roughly a dozen pitchers on the DL right now. It has been so bad Alex has been knocking on the door at the old pitcher's home, hoping someone has a mile or two left on his odometer.

Arrow_down_3

Ricky Romero

He had 3 starts and they are were bad. We did win 2 of the starts and Ricky was 1-1, through no fault of his own, I'm afraid. He had an ERA of 9.00. Batters hit .313/.425/.537 against him.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Brandon Morrow Get well quick Brandon.

Arrow_down_3

Jesse Chavez

2 starts, 1 relief appearance, 11.2 innings, 11 earned runs. We need bigger down arrow. He does get a lot of strikeouts, 15 and relatively few walks, 5, but then a lot of hits and 3 home runs. Batters hit .271/.364/.542 against him.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Brett Cecil

Brett's had 3 starts, two of them were really good, and 3 yesterday's started well but he ended up giving up 8 earned in 5.1.The other two games he allowed just 3 runs in 11 innings. In total, he had a 6.06 ERA, with a .313/.366/.609 batting line against. I'm going to give him a mulligan for yesterday's start and hope he is better in the future.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Drew Hutchison

Get well soon.

Arrow_down_3

Luis Perez

Luis pitched in 4 games, two poor and two good. In the bad, he gave up 3 runs in an inning. In the good, no runs in 5 innings, 1 hit, no walks, 5 strikeouts. Batters hit .217/.217/.435 against him.

Arrow_up_3

Darren Oliver

Pitched in 6 games, gave up 1 run. In 5.1 innings he allowed 3 hits, no walks, 6 strikeouts. Too bad he can't start. Just for my curiosity, I looked, his last start was in 2009.

Arrow_up_3

Francisco Cordero

In 6 games he didn't allow a run, earned or otherwise. He was pretty good, in 6 innings, 5 hits, 1 double, 3 walks, 6 k for a 227/..320/.273. If he keeps pitching like this he'll win some fans. Well, if he keeps it up for 2 or 3 years.

Arrow_up_3

Casey Janssen

Casey got into 6 games and gave up just the 1 run, yesterday. If you remember, he wasn't thrilled with the umpire. In 6 innings, he allowed 4 hits, no walks, 8 k.

Arrow_up_3

Jason Frasor

Jason has been getting a lot of walk, he appeared in 8 of 13 games in the past two weeks. He gave up runs in 2 of the games. 7 innings, 6 hits, 1 double, 2 home runs, 2 walks, 9 k. Tough to pitch that much and not to give up any runs.

Arrow_up_3

Carlos Villanueva

2 games, 6.1 innings, 3 hits, no runs, 3 walks, 9 k. Starts tonight.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Sergio Santos

Will he ever be back?

Arrow_up_3

Aaron Laffey 1 starts, 2 relief appearances, 10.2 innings, 6 hits, 1 earned, 3 walks, 4 k. Really good work. Earned himself another start.

Batters:

Arrow_down_3

J.P. Arencibia

Started to hit, a little, in the past week. Had his first home run in a month, Monday. For the 2 weeks, well it still isn't good, .219/242/.402. I hope he starts hitting.

Arrow_around_3_medium

David Cooper

Didn't play much, and is back in Vegas. He had 3 singles in his last 8 at bats here, no walks. Hope we see him back sometime.

Arrow_down_3

Kelly Johnson

I am hoping he's pulling out of his slump. He hit the ball hard a few times the last couple of games. But then, over the past two weeks, it hasn't been pretty, .200/..224/.222. We really could use your bat again Kelly.

Arrow_down_3

Yunel Escobar

Yunel isn't having a good season. The past 2 weeks haven't been much better. .261/.274/.326. Good thing he's been good on defense.

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin has been amazing all year long. The last 2 weeks he hit .306/.414/.633, 13 runs, 10 RBI, 5 home runs.

Arrow_up_3

Colby Rasmus

I'm so happy Colby is having a good season. The last two weeks he's hit .321/.367/.625 with 10 runs and 16 RBI, 5 home runs, even a stolen base.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Adam Lind

He's back. In his first 8 at bats he has had 2 singles, no walks, 1 strikeout. I don't have the heart to give him a down arrow when he just got called up to the majors again.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

This has been one great month for Jose. The batting average isn't all that great, but the rest of the line is .245/.373/.694, 7 home runs, 14 runs, 15 RBI. He is so much fun to watch. Even if the team isn't doing well, he's worth watching.

Arrow_up_3

Brett Lawrie

Brett really been hitting well since moving into the top spot in the order. Nice to see him hitting the ball hard again. He's hit .345/.400/.618, with 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 15 runs, 3 steals. If you can hit like that and play defense the way he does, you have quite a player. Zaun might want to undo the trade, I don't.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Omar Vizquel

He got into 5 games, 4 singles in 13 at bats. So a .308/.308/.308 line.

Arrow_up_3

Ben Francisco

He's back too. Played in 3 games since returning from the DL. 3 for 6, 2 doubles, pretty decent.

Arrow_up_3

Rajai Davis

Rajai played in all 13 games the last couple of weeks, I keep wondering when one of the outfielders will need a day off. He's been hitting well, .319/.365/..362, 4 stolen bases, 2 caught. Just 3 runs scored, which has a lot to do with the games hitting around him, 6 RBI. His defense is not what I thought it would be. I like him more as a 4th outfielder and pinch runner.

Arrow_up_3

Jeff Mathis

Played in 5 games and, well, he hit well in the last one, going 4 for 4 with a homer and a double. In all he hit .375/.375/.688, no walks and 4 strikeouts.