FanPost

That Midseason Rosterbation Thread

You know the one. Here's my 3 desirable players that may or may not be available in trades.

Logan Morrison: LHB LF/1B | Age 24 | Career - .252/.340/.445 | 2012 - .232/.308/.402

Everyone's second favourite baseball-player-that-tweets, Morrison is still really young and could become an above/well-above average offensive contributor. Miami's playing him about 2/3 of the time in LF but, being an atrocious fielder, it won't be long before he's a full-time 1B. Considering Miami's situation right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's available.

Mike Minor: LHSP | Age 24 | Career - 8.38/3.26/1.37 K/BB/HR, 5.29 ERA | 2012 - 7.81/3.68/2.01 K/BB/HR, 6.14 ERA

Boy... those numbers are real ugly. Minor was quite successful in his minor league days, being a little home run prone but with lots of Ks and low-ish BBs. DIPS-wise his 2011 half-season was good, but he had a sky-high BABIP and his ERA suffered. In 2012 though, the balls aren't just falling in; they're flying out of the park. Among qualified pitchers his HR rate is second worst, only better than Tommy Hunter of the O's. His K/BB rate has also suffered a bit this year. Just ugly numbers.

I still like him, but it's not hard to see him fading away like many other AAAA pitchers. The Braves aren't exactly in a seller situation, and they aren't exactly deep in terms of pitching, but they likely won't miss Minor with the way he's been pitching.

Ike Davis: LHB 1B | Age 25 | Career - .252/.336/.436 | 2012 - .197/.277/.370

Amazing [BABIP-fuelled] numbers in 2011 until he was hit with an injury. Atrocious numbers this year, albeit with a very low BABIP. Probably the least available player of the three listed, considering that he's absolutely crapped all over his trade value this year. The Mets are looking like buyers though, so it's not out of the question that they try to upgrade with a 1B swap.

Discuss.