BBBWA Award: Pitcher Of The Month For May

Who do you think deserves the BBBWA Award for Player of the Month?

In a new feature for 2012, that started last month, readers are encouraged to vote for the Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Awards in three categories: Pitcher of the Month, Play of the Month, and Player of the Month.

Today, we will be opening the ballot for the Pitcher of the Month and we are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays pitcher for May 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like.

The pitchers nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in reverse alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for May, so please disregard any June performances.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Tuesday, June 5 10:30 am. Official announcements of the winners will be made before Wednesday's game. Since it's an off day, we will be voting for both the Play of the Month and the Player of the Month awards.

Nominees

Luis Perez, RP

W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
0 0 2.53 12 1 0 10.2 6 3 3 1 9 0 11 0 1.406 9.3 1.22

Darren Oliver, RP

W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
0 1 0.90 11 3 0 10.0 7 1 1 0 4 0 8 1 1.100 7.2 2.00

Brandon Morrow, SP

W L ERA G GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
4 2 3.50 6 6 2 2 36.0 24 14 14 0 14 0 41 1 1.056 10.3 2.93

Casey Janssen, RP

W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
0 0 1.59 11 8 5 11.1 8 2 2 1 4 1 9 2 1.059 7.1 2.25

All statistics from Baseball-Reference.com.