Four RBI for Jose Bautista: Jay Beat Red Sox

Please don't be broken. . (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Red Sox 1 Blue Jays 5

That was better.

Daniel Bard couldn't find the strike zone with both hands and a compass today. He walked 6, hit 2 and gave up a 3 run home to Jose Bautista. That homer, a Bautista sac fly and a Edwin Encarnacion bases loaded walk was all the offense we would get, or need.

That was a really nice start from Drew Hutchison. He's gotten past the one bad inning a start he had been having. Today 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned, 1 walk, 5 k and a couple of hit batters of his own. The first, Kelly Shoppach leaned his elbow into. The other? I can't say I'm unhappy that Youkilis took one in the shoulder. Not that I'd want to see anyone injured, but Ugly has to be my least favorite player in baseball. I don't think it was on purpose, though. I think Francisco Cordero going up and in on him was on purpose. That Youk also struck out twice helps make this one of my favorite games this season.

Drew seemed to be able to hit the inside or outside corner whenever he needed to, very nice to see, especially against a very good offensive team. against a good team.

Darren Oliver, Francisco Cordero and Casey Janssen pitched us shutout innings in the 8th and 9th. It's nice to see Cordero pitching better.

Jays of the Day are Hutchison (.216 WPA) and Jose (.203). I'm going to give a Suckage award to David Cooper, he was thrown out trying to turn a, well, triple into a triple and he was picked off first.

Edwin came out of the game after being hit on the hand. Farrell says the first x-rays are 'inconclusive'. I so hope he's not hurt. It would be sad to lose him when he is well on his way to the best season of his career.

Tomorrow is an off-day (draft day) and then we off to Chicago to face the White Sox.