BBBWA Award: Player Of The Month For May

Who do you think deserves the BBBWA Award for Player of the Month?

In a new feature for 2012, that started last month, readers are encouraged to vote for the Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Awards in three categories: Pitcher of the Month, Play of the Month, and Player of the Month. Yesterday, we released our ballot for Pitcher of the Month.

Today, we will be opening the ballot for the Player of the Month and we are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays player (non-pitcher) for May 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like.

The players nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in reverse alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for May, so please disregard any June performances.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Wednesday, June 6 10:30 am eastern. Official announcements of the winners will be made before Wednesday's game. Since it's an off day, the ballot for the Play of the Month will be coming up in a few hours.

Nominees

Kelly Johnson

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
25 111 99 16 27 4 0 5 18 5 0 11 32 .273 .342 .465 .807 1 0 0 1 1 .349

Edwin Encarnacion

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
28 119 107 14 25 2 0 9 21 2 0 11 19 .234 .303 .505 .807 0 0 0 1 1 .200

Rajai Davis

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
20 40 39 10 12 2 0 3 7 5 0 1 8 .308 .325 .590 .915 1 0 0 0 0 .321

Jose Bautista

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
28 120 105 20 27 4 0 9 22 1 0 13 24 .257 .342 .552 .894 5 1 0 1 0 .247

J.P. Arencibia

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
23 93 90 17 25 4 0 8 19 0 0 3 25 .278 .301 .589 .890 0 0 0 0 0 .298

All statistics from Baseball-Reference.com.

Programming note: The usual Monday Morning Media Mashup will return next Monday morning!