Blue Jays Third Pick in the 2012 MLB Draft: Matt Smoral LHP

The Jays, picking 50th overall in the Supplemental Round, take Matt Smoral LHP, Solon High School. 6'8" 220. MLB.com says:

Comments: There's a lot to like about this prep lefty, from his size to his arm strength to his delivery. Before a stress fracture in his right foot ended his season in April, he was fairly high on Draft boards, with teams liking him more or less depending on how teams feel he will develop in the future. When healthy, Smoral uses an easy arm action to deliver an above-average fastball that sits in the 91-92 mph range. He'll occasionally show a plus heater. He has a very good feel for a sinking changeup and can throw both for strikes. Smoral does throw a slider, but it's a below-average offering right now that doesn't have enough depth. He's poised on the mound and goes right after hitters, but he will have to improve that breaking ball if he wants to be a starter at the next level. If he can sharpen that slider, he does have the other tools to pitch in that role. The team that takes him will be banking on his very high ceiling, though not being seen for the rest of the spring is sure to hurt his stock.

What do you think of this pick?