Blue Jays 7th Pick in the 2012 MLB Draft: Anthony Alford, CF

The Jays picking in the 3rd round, pick up Anthony Alford, CF from Petal High School, Petal, MS. He is 6'1" 215. MLB.com says:

Comments: On the plus side, Alford has tools galore and the ability to do a lot of exciting things on the baseball field. On the negative, he also has that on the football field and has told teams he won't want to sign if selected. Based on pure, raw tools, Alford has close to or as much upside as anyone on this list. He has a pretty good approach at the plate, with a willingness to take what the pitcher gives him. Alford's strength should generate at least average power down the line. A plus runner, he'll be a basestealer once he learns that craft. The speed helps him in the outfield as well, and he tends to get good reads off the bat. Alford has a football scholarship to Southern Miss, so it will be interesting to see -- especially given the new Draft system in place in terms of spending -- if any team will be willing to give signing him away from the gridiron a shot.