Yan Gomes Recalled From Vegas, Jesse Chavez Sent Down

Poor Jesse Chavez, he got into 1 game, pitched 5 innings, and then sat in the bullpen for the rest of his time with us. Yan Gomes returns from 10 days in Vegas, hope he didn't lose too much money. Yan hit .227/.296/.500 in 8 games with the Jays, back in May.

We did have too many guys in the pen and we could really use more bats on the bench. I'd have liked a left-fielder, but Snider isn't ready yet and Sierra likely wouldn't be an improvement on what we have. Maybe they will let Gomes have a game in left.