Third Shutout of the Season for Brandon Morrow: Jays Beat White Sox

Jun 06, 2012; Chicago, IL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista hits a solo home run, number 15 on the year. Not bad for a guy that has been slumping. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 4 White Sox 0

So I guess we didn't need to worry about Brandon Morrow being hurt by that ball off the shin. He was great again tonight, throwing a 2 hitter, with 2 walks and, just, 5 strikeouts. Both of those walks came in the 9th inning, I would have been happy if Farrell had pulled him after 8. He threw 119 pitches tonight, not too many for Brandon, but I'd err on the side of caution. Not a big deal though. Morrow got 12 ground outs and 5 fly outs. He is a different guy than last year.

On offense, we did enough. A run in the 5th: David Cooper singled, Rajai Davis hit into a force out at second. I'm not sure the Sox wouldn't have been better just taking the out on Davis and letting Cooper go to second. Davis stole second and Colby Rasmus drove him in with a single. Rasmus was thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. Jose Bautista hit a solo homer to lead off the 6th. And Davis had a two run shot (his 4th of the season) in the 9th).

We had 13 hits on the day, so you'd think we could have scored more than 4 runs. Cooper and Davis had 3 hits each. J.P. Arencibia had 2. The only starter not to hit was Yan Gomes, 0 for 4.

Jays of the Day are Morrow (.526 WPA). No one else had the number but I'm giving one to Rajai for the 3 hits, including the homer and 2 stolen bases. Yunel Escobar (-.121) and Gomes (-.118) get the Suckage awards.

Our old friend Alex Rios dropped a fly ball, I think he's a covert Jay. JP threw out Brent Lillibridge trying to steal. I might be wrong, but I thought it was a hit and run that the batter missed the pitch. Brett Lawrie was picked off first in the 1s inning.

I had the misfortune of listening to most of the game on XM radio (driving, my son graduates from Uni tomorrow), so fill in anything I might have missed in the comments. The White Sox radio team is worst I've heard. They knew nothing about the Jays but managed to tell us how lousy they were all the way through the game. The Jays 'never try for the extra base'. Jose 'runs the bases too slow' on home runs and 'should be plunked'.

Tomorrow night we go for the sweep. Henderson Alvarez gets the start. Jake Peavy goes for the White Sox.