So this is Atlanta.... Not exactly Vegas - Jays @ Braves - June 8th 2012 - Gamethread

Atlanta? Can't we go somewhere nice?. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE

Oh huzzah. Another round of interleague. Oh boy, Can't wait. Can barely can my enthusiasm. Yay.

After losing the last game of the Chicago series via walk-off I needed some good news and luckily it looks like Edwin's wrist is feeling better and is back in the lineup playing first base tonight. This of course means that David Cooper and Yan Gomes are taking a seat but provided Edwin I'm sure we aren't going to hear any complaints.

Kyle Drabek takes the mound tonight. I would like to say he is looking to get his season back on track but quite frankly all year long has seemed like an uphill battle for the kid. He is now looking at 41BBs on the year vs. 46Ks. All of this is only 62Innings. While he was managing to escape out of a lot of jams early in the season, the opposite has been true over the past month. Let's hope the Jays can score a lot of runs without a DH backing them up.

Last year the Jays went 8-10 in interleague play. If they want to remain in serious contention with the rest of the AL East they are going to have to put up a strong showing against National League.

2012 - Kyle Drabek 4-6 11 11 0 0 0 0 62.0 54 34 30 9 41 46 4.35 1.53

2012 - Brandon Beachy 5-4 12 11 1 1 0 0 72.1 46 21 15 5 23 57 1.87 .95

Current Series

3 game series vs Braves @ Turner Field

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Atlanta Braves

Friday, Jun 8, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Turner Field

Kyle Drabek vs Brandon Beachy

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Sat 06/09 4:05 PM EDT
Sun 06/10 1:35 PM EDT

Reminder a few ground rules for the gamethreads that are in effect.

1. Please no Gifs or images during the game threads.

2. Don't argue with any of the moderators. Think of it like arguing balls and strikes, you can get tossed.

3. No linking to any illegal streams