FanPost

why are the pitchers going down?

Hi everyone, I am a first time poster here so feedback is welcome. I know everyone is worried about the starting (and now relief pitchers) who have gone down with elbow problems this year. First lets exclude Morrow out of the equasion because an oblique strain is actually not that uncommon for a pitcher. Look at their delivery and anyone can see how they have to rotate their whole upper body in an unnatural way to deliver a pitch. So that being said lets take a look at the other casualties that have gone down with elbow problems. First there was Drabek, then the next day Hutchinson, and alvarez although he was okay, but I dont blame everyone for getting worried that he may have been lost for the season as well especially with the history that unfolded the 3 previous games. But then just before the all star break perez, who hadn't been cy young worthy out of the bullpen, but also had not been Chavez like either, goes down with a torn ucl. My question to everyone is what do you think the problem is? There has to be a explination for this. There is no way a group of pitchers all in one organization can have the same sort of injury to the same body part in one year without it being someones fault. Im guessing there is a little bad luck involved with the timing, but my guess is that maybe the jays need to re evaluate their strength and conditioning personelle whos job it is to keep their players strong through the rigours of a 162 game season. What are your thoughts?