FanPost

Favourite Blue Jays team

Another boring Friday, so I thought I would ask everyone, which Blue Jays team is your personal favourite?

For me, it has to be the 1989 Blue Jays. I read once, that people have the fondest memories of the teams from when they are about 9-12 and I was 11 that year. However, I think there was something more to that team.

That was the year the Jays got off to a slow start under Jimy Williams and looked to be out of it early on in the season. He was replaced by hitting coach Cito Gaston and the Jays started to turn the season around. It all came down to the last series of the season against the Orioles with the Jays holding a two game lead over the Orioles. The Jays won two close games (2-1 in 11 innings in game 1 and scoring 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th in game 2 to win 4-3) to clinch the pennant against the team that had lead the AL East for most of the year.

It was an exciting cap to a roller coaster regular season and stands out in my mind as the most exciting Blue Jays team of all time. The World Series winning teams were great, but the 1989 team was magical and for me is my favourite.

So I ask you, which Blue Jays team is your favourite?