Why Can't We Have Good Pitching And Good Offense In The Same Game?

I'm hoping the 2 good starts in a row is a sign of things to come from Ricky Romero. Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Indians 1 Blue Jays 0

That's the second good start in a row, for Ricky Romero, and his second start in a row where the Jay get shut out. The only run the Indian scored was a Travis Hafner homer, in the second inning. In Ricky's last start the only runs came off a 2 run homer by Ugly. 6 innings, 6 hits, 1 earned, 2 walks and 6 strikeouts, in a wasted good start. Jason Frasor, Darren Oliver and Casey Janssen pitched a scoreless inning each, to keep the game close. Minor Leaguer tweeted Great job, John Farrell! Goes to Casey Janssen in a non-save situation!

Our offense did nothing. We got 5 singles and 1 walk in 7 innings against Justin Masterson, while hitting into 2 double plays for good measure. 3 up, 3 down innings against Vinnie Pestano and Chris Perez added to the lack of fun. The not so fab four, at the top of our lineup, went 0 for 15, with a Edwin Encarnacion walk. The only Jay to get on base more than once was Adam Lind, who had 2 singles. Other than that, we had a 3 or 4 fairly hard hit fly outs and that was about all there was worth cheering.

The Jay of the Day is Ricky Romero (.218 WPA). Suckage? Just about everyone that touched a bat: Rajai Davis (-.198, 0 for 3 with a k), Colby Rasmus (-.192), Jose Bautista (-.147), Yunel Escobar (-.119) and Kelly Johnson (-.102). The only batter with a positive WPA was Lind at .075.

About the only good things to talk about was the 2 base stealers thrown out by J.P. Arencibia and pick off by Ricky Romero, that featured a nice throw to 2nd by Edwin.

Tomorrow Aaron Laffey (0-1, 2.67) goes up against the Indians and Ubaldo Jimenez (8-7, 4.50). It is a 1:00 Eastern start. Please let's score some tomorrow.