Jesse Chavez Optioned to Vegas, Chad Beck Up

About a second later there was an earth shatter crack when the ball hit a bat. (Photo by Mike McGinnis/Getty Images)

I knew that the Jays would send Jesse Chavez down before I finished the recap. Jesse goes down, Chad Beck comes up. I'd rather go with a 7 man pen but I'm ok with having Beck back. Chavez goes down with a 8.85 ERA in 20.1 innings as a Jay. I could do without seeing him again.

Beck has a 1.36 ERA in 33 innings at Vegas, 24 hits, 11 walks, 17 strikeouts. I'm not in love with the walk to strikeout ratio, but he can't be worse than Chavez. Beck has a 3.38 EAR in 5.1 innings with the Jays, earlier this season.

Bye Jesse, I wish I could say it was fun.