Sergio Santos To Have Shoulder Surgery

KANSAS CITY, MO - APRIL 20: Pitcher Sergio Santos #21 of the Toronto Blue Jays pitches against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium on April 20, 2012 in Kansas City, Missouri. The Blue Jays defeated the Royals 4-3. (Photo by Tim Umphrey/Getty Images)

Stop me if you have heard this one, a Blue Jay pitcher is having season ending shoulder surgery.

Sergio Santos is still having pain in his shoulder so he is having labrum surgery, which ends any change of seeing him on the mound again this season. The Jays figure he will be ready for spring training next year.

They are saying that he wasn't damaged good when we traded for him, but I don't think that will stop folks from speculating that the White Sox pulled a fast one on us. He only pitched 5 innings for us and he wasn't very effective in those innings.

Hope you have a good recovery Santos, we are going to need you next year.