Rumble in the Bronx - Jays @ Yankees - July 16th 2012 - Gamethread

Wow its been awhile. Between Vacations and all star breaks I haven't been able to watch a Jays game in about 2 weeks. Any exciting trades happen yet?

On the mound tonight we get to see Henderson Alvarez who looks to rebound (yet again). While Alvarez did ok against the Angels on the 30th he fall flat again last time out against the Royals. I really liked Alvarez going into this year but his lack of strikeouts has really caught up with him. His sinker just isn't sinking like it was and even though some days it appears as if he is spotting the ball well the other team is still getting good contact off of him.

Opposing Alvarez will be Phil Hughes who aside from one start has been quite good over the past month. Hopefully the Jays offense will give him one of those blow up games that he has had this year.

2012 - Henderson Alvarez 5-7 17 17 1 1 0 0 107.1 124 58 52 17 23 36 4.36 1.37

2012 - Phil Hughes 9-7 17 17 1 0 0 0 99.2 107 54 48 19 23 92 4.33 1.30

On the lineup side of things, not much has changed with the exception of Davis being put back into the lineup. Tom asked earlier today if the community would be upset if the Jays didn't make a trade before the deadline. For me I would be more upset if Snider doesn't get called up soon. Honestly, this is just stupid at this point. Davis is no everyday player and while he had a nice hot streak its time to move on and move him back to the 4th outfielder role where he is ideally suited.

Ground Rules

1. No images or Gifs during the game

2. No illegal streams

3. And finally.....