Jose Bautista Injured, Jason Frasor Gives Up A Grand Slam. Time To Drink.

NEW YORK, NY - JULY 16: Jose Bautista #19 of the Toronto Blue Jays is in pain after hurting his wrist swinging the bat during their game against the New York Yankees on July 16, 2012 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

Blue Jays 3 Yankees 6

Baseball isn't supposed to be this depressing.

Jose Bautista hurts his wrist swinging the bat.

In the bottom of the same inning, Aaron Loup and Jason Frasor combine to load the bases and Frasor serves up a 3-1 fastball, middle in, that Raul Ibanez hits out of the park. Grand slam. Loup got 1 out, and gave up 2 hits, getting credit for the loss.

Really, you have to wonder why Loup would be out there, in the bottom of the 8th, in a tie ball game. Janssen should have been the guy, but if you are managing by the save (which is a dumb way to do things) Frasor should have been out there for the start of the inning.

Before the 8th we were treated to some good pitching. Henderson Alvarez went 6 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 earned, 4 walks and getting a season high 6 strikeouts. One of the earned runs was a Russell Martin homer that was one of those that only could be a homer at Yankee Stadium. Henderson did have some troubles in the first 3 innings, but only allowed a run in each of the 2nd and 3rd. He looked great in the 4th and 5th innings. He got a big lucky in the 6th, giving up a one out walk and a single, but getting a nice double play ball to end the inning.

Chad Beck had a great 7th inning, 3 quick outs on 9 pitches. I might have left him in to start the 8th, but Farrell went with Loup, if I had some sort of stroke that didn't allow me to put in Janssen or Frasor.

We didn't do much on offense, 4 hits off Phil Hughes in 7 innings. And then had 2 more hits in the 9th. Edwin Encarnacion hit 2 doubles, both very hard hit balls. Jose Bautista scored from first on one of them, great base running by Jose, to tie the game at 2 in the 6th. Adam Lind hit a solo home run (a Yankee Stadium Special) in the 4th.

We got another run in the 9th, through bad base running, but even worse Yankee defense. Kelly Johnson took a 1 out walk, Rajai Davis followed with an infield single. Then J.P. Arencibia singled, Johnson stopped at 3rd, knowing his run didn't mean anything, no sense in taking a chance. Unfortunately, Rajai decided to go first to third. Kelly had no choice other than to go home but the Yankees tried to get Rajai and were late with the throw. Kelly scored. Yankees should have thrown home, Kelly would have been the easier out.

The tying run came to the plate, twice. Brett Lawrie popped out and Colby struck out and that was the game

Jays of the Day are Edwin (.160 WPA), Alvarez (.127) and Beck (.093).

Suckage: Frasor (-.235), Lawrie (-.206, 0 for 5, looking bad at the plate), Colby (-.162. 0 for 5, but at least he hit a couple of balls hard), Yunel (-.138, 0 for 4, 2 k. Looks lost at the plate), Loup (-.136) and Kelly (-.110, 0 for 3, walk).

Rajai ended an 0 for 25 slump with a double and then had the infield single in the 9th. Better day for him, minus the little error on the bases, always watch the runner in front of you. JP had a single and a walk, along with a long fly out. But he also had a bad passed ball, in that terrible 8th inning. Just wasn't playing attention and the pitch went off his glove.

Tomorrow (yes there will be a tomorrow, as much as it doesn't feel like it at the moment), Bret Cecil (2-1, 6.75) goes up against the Yankees and CC Sabathia (9-3, 3.45). It seems like that has the possibly of being another depressing game.

Please be ok Jose.