Blue Jay Put Jose Bautista On DL

July 16, 2012; Bronx, NY, USA; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista (19) is hurt after he swings during the eight inning against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Mandatory Credit: William Perlman/THE STAR-LEDGER via US PRESSWIRE

The Jays put Jose Bautista on the 15-day DL with wrist inflammation. Anthony Gose recalled from Las Vegas.

Jose is tied for second in the AL with 27 home runs and tied for third in RBI with 65. This pretty much ends the chances of him winning his third straight home run title. Wrists injuries are scary things for hitters, I'm sure the Jays will be very careful with him.

Anthony Gose is hitting .292 for the 51's. He lead the PCL with 29 steals and has 41 RBI and has 77 runs scored. He hasn't been hitting lefties at all, .187/.291/.227 and the Jays are facing CC Sabathia tonight, so we might not get to see him right away. I'm looking forward to seeing his defense (I wonder if they will put him in left or right, he has the arm for right, but he could cover the massive amount of space in the Yankee Stadium left field better than anyone we have).

I'd have called up Travis Snider, I would rather Gose have a full year at Vegas. Gose is only 21. I don't think he'll hit much, but his defense will be worth watching.

Get well quick Jose.