Birthday Present for Yan Gomes, Called Up To Blue Jays

ST. PETERSBURG, FL - MAY 22: Infielder Yan Gomes #68 of the Toronto Blue Jays loses a bat against the Tampa Bay Rays May 22, 2012 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)

We figured it was coming, Yan Gomes is up, Sam Dyson is down.

Dyson made two relief appearances for Toronto and has allowed three earned runs in 0.2 innings pitched. The 6-2, 205lb. right handed pitcher started the season with Dunedin of the Florida State League (A) where he was 2-0 in six starts with a 4.08 ERA. He then joined New Hampshire where he posted a 0.75 ERA in 15 relief appearances with three saves. He's going back to New Hampshire.

Gomes, turns 25 today, hit .340 in 65 games for Las Vegas this season with 26 doubles, 11 home runs and 47 RBI. He was in14 games this season for Toronto and became the first Brazilian born player to appear in a Major League game. The right-handed hitting native of Sao Paulo, Brazil hit .211 with three home runs and eight RBI in 38 at bats for Toronto.

Glad to see us down to a 7 man bullpen, I hope we stay that way for a while.

Welcome back Yan. See you again soon, Sam