Blue Jays DFA David Pauley

Bye, I'd like to say that it has been fun, but it hasn't. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

After that game, it isn't a surprise. When they left David Pauley in for 3 innings I figured he was gone. He's been designated for assignment.

Andrew Carpenter, RHP, gets his spot on the 40-man and on the active roster. Andrew has a 6-3 record with a 3.38 ERA in Vegas. 21 games, 12 starts, 74.2 innings, 83 hits, 19 walks and 56 strikeouts. Good numbers for a pitcher at Vegas. He is 27. He has pitched in the majors with the Phillies and the Padres. Andrew is the owner of a 8.51 ERA in 24.1 major league innings. Let's hope SSS.

I'm not a big fan of the 8 man bullpen, but the Jays seem to think that's what they need.

Minor Leaguer beat me to it, his story is here.