Something Is Happening With Travis Snider

DUNEDIN, FL - MARCH 02: Travis Snider #45 of the Toronto Blue Jays poses for a portrait at Dunedin Stadium on March 2, 2012 in Dunedin, Florida. (Photo by Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images)

I was asleep, actually I slept through a scheduled recording of the Bluebird Banter Podcast (sorry, Johnny!). But then I woke up, checked Twitter, and found that there has been some hubbub around Las Vegas 51s outfielder Travis Snider. Snider was taking out of the game after a single at bat, in which he homered to start off the second inning. It ended up being a bataround inning for the 51s, but he was pinch hit for by Moises Sierra.

There is little-to-no credible news coming out of Las Vegas. It was reported on Twitter that someone at the park saw trainers talking to Snider in the bottom of the seconds. There were reports of various (mostly implausible-sounding) trades. There were reports that he was called up and that either Brett Lawrie was disabled or that Ben Francisco or Rajai Davis was optioned or traded. Basically, until the 51s game ends (it is in the top of the 8th at time of posting), it is unlikely we will hear anything definitive, so let's speculate away!

Why do you think Travis Snider was taking out of the game? Your guess, literally, is as good as anyone's.