Each Day Through My Window: 7/27 Game Thread, Tigers at Jays

Hi everyone. Long time, no blog. Things have been crazy at work and on the home front.

The Jays host their Great Lakes rivals the Detroit Tigers this weekend. Carlos Villanueva pitches for the Jays, and he has been quite impressive in his emergency starter role. His overall numbers are also very good, with a 2.86 ERA, over two times as many strikeouts as walks, strong ground ball rates, and more than a strikeout per inning.

Rick Porcello pitches for Detroit and he hasn't had the best of years. His K numbers have been low and he's given up a ton of hits. He has kept the walks down, though. Porcello is coming off one of his best starts of the year, an eight-inning effort against the Chicago White Sox.

I'm not sure I'll get to catch any of today's game, as I have to work late and then have dinner plans, so I'm posting this a bit early. If someone could add lineups in the comments that'd be great.

You know the rules: no talking about or posting illegal streams, no gif-ing until the game is concluded, and don't be terrible.

Today's title from the ridiculously famous "Just My Imagination," by Detroit's very own the Temptations. They weren't the same after David Ruffin left, but they were still pretty fantastic.