FanShot

Through 42 home games this year, 1,107,908 paying customers have walked through the Rogers Centre’s...

11

Through 42 home games this year, 1,107,908 paying customers have walked through the Rogers Centre’s turnstiles — 175,366 more than last year at this time. The Jays surpassed the 1 million mark in their 37th game this year — the quickest they have reached the milestone since 1998 — and are on pace to crack the 2 million mark for the first time since eliminating $2 Tuesdays. Beyond gate receipts, the Jays are seeing increased viewers on TV and radio, particularly in the prized 18-34 demographic, most notably among young women. Jays games are attracting nearly double the number of 18- to 34-year-old female viewers this year compared to two seasons ago (52,000 average viewers, compared to 27,000 in 2010), according to BBM Canada, which measures broadcast ratings for Canadian TV and radio. There is a 53 per cent boost across all demographics since 2010, from 389,000 average viewers to 597,000 this year.

Brandan Kennedy Toronto Star