Trade Deadline Wrap Up

March 2, 2012; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Moises Sierra (74) poses for a portrait during photo day at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

The deadline has come and gone, and there are no more deals coming from the Jays. Not that we expected anything really big to happen. We may have hoped for something.

It is official, Moises Sierra has been called up from Vegas. Joel Carreno and Evan Crawford are on their way back to Vegas. I hope one of them has an outfielder glove. The 51's need someone to stand out there. I guess the Jays didn't want to announce that move until after the deadline, just in cause some other trade fell into their lap.

The big news, of course, was the Travis Snider trade. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I don't like it, I never like trading a position player for a reliever. Maybe Brad Lincoln will be the second coming of Mariano Rivera, I kind of doubt it but maybe. We do seem to have a pretty decent 8 man bullpen now. I like Casey Janssen as closer. Darren Oliver has been great. I like Brandon Lyon. Aaron Loup has been surprisingly good. J.A. Happ gives us a very good long man, until they finally put him in the rotation. Andrew Carpenter, well I have nothing about Drew, I guess he can pitch in blow outs. I'd rather have another bat on the bench, than have him rusting in the pen. Lincoln and Steve Delabar round out the octet. I don't know how Farrell will find work for everyone, nor do I know what will happen if/when Jason Frasor comes off the DL.

Travis is playing tonight for the Pirates:

I don't have much of a response to the Thames/Delabar trade. I don't think Thames was part of our future, I very much doubt that Delabar is a big part of our future either. Thames would be nice to have right now, but I'm curious to see Sierra. I don't think he'll be great either, but it is always fun to meet someone new.

Anyway, tell us what you think of the moves the Jays made, and didn't make? Were you expecting more?