BBBWA Award: Player Of The Month For June

Bluebird Banter would like to wish our American readers a very happy and safe Independence Day! Enjoy your beverages and fireworks responsibly!

It's that time again, Bluebird Banterers! Readers of Bluebird Banter are encouraged to vote for the Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Awards in three categories: Pitcher of the Month, Play of the Month, and Player of the Month.

Even lurkers who aren't members can, and are encouraged to, vote!

This morning, we will be opening the ballot for the Player of the Month and we are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays player (non-pitcher) for June 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like.

The ballot for the Pitcher of the Month will be coming up in a few hours, and the ballot for the Play of the Month will come tomorrow morning.

The players nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for June, so please disregard any July performances.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Friday, July 6 10:30 am eastern. Official announcements of the winners will be made on Saturday.

Nominees

Jose Bautista

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip

27 120 96 24 26 4 0 14 30 1 1 22 16 .271 .408 .750 1.158 3 1 0 1 0 .179

Edwin Encarnacion

G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
24 24 103 87 21 28 4 0 5 13 2 1 12 18 .322 .427 .540 .967 3 4 0 0 0 .359

Colby Rasmus

G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
27 27 124 117 20 34 6 0 8 25 1 1 5 22 .291 .331 .547 .878 64 1 2 0 0 0 .299

All statistics from Baseball-Reference.com.