BBBWA Award: Pitcher Of The Month For June

Who do you think deserves the BBBWA Award for Pitcher of the Month?

Good afternoon, Bluebird Banterers! The ballot for Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Award for Player of the Month was released this morning, and if you haven't done so already, go vote then come back to vote for Pitcher of the Month.

You will be able to vote for the Play of the Month award starting tomorrow morning.

Here, we are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays pitcher for June 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like.

The players nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for June, so please disregard any July performances.

Yes, it was a difficult month for many of the Blue Jays' pitchers, but we did manage to find three pitchers who are worthy of receiving the award and are now turning to you, the readers, to pick the one who is the most worthy.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Friday, July 6 3:30 pm eastern. Official announcements of the winners will be made on Saturday.

Nominees

Casey Janssen, RP

W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
0 0 0.90 10 9 4 10.0 6 1 1 0 0 0 12 0 0.600 10.8

Darren Oliver, RP

W L ERA G GF SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
2 0 1.69 13 0 0 10.2 6 2 2 1 2 0 13 1 0.750 11.0 6.50

Carlos Villanueva, RP/SP

W L ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP WHIP SO/9 SO/BB
2 0 2.20 7 1 2 0 0 0 16.1 14 4 4 1 8 2 18 1 1.347 9.9 2.25

All statistics from Baseball-Reference.com.