Rosenthal and Olney Each Mention the Jays, Must Be a Slow News Day

May 11, 2012; Minneapolis, MN, USA: Toronto Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus (28) hits a RBI single in the fourth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE

Our team made it into columns by Ken Rosenthal and Buster Olney today.

Olney mentioned this:

Source: Remember how the Jays were expected to be such big players in the Yu Darvish bidding? Well, one official said that Toronto actually finished third in the bidding, behind the Rangers and Cubs, and that no bid was within $35 million of what Texas tendered.

For one, I never believe unnamed sources. I didn't believe it when people said they knew we were going to get Darvish. I still don't believe it when someone unnamed tells us what we bid. I figured that Alex would bid what he was willing to pay and no more. I didn't see the Jays spending over $100 million on a guy that we really didn't have a frame of reference on.

I really don't care what the Jays bid. We didn't get him, so it doesn't matter to me. Perhaps they could have handled the press better, but I'm sure they didn't think we'd all decide that it was a done deal that we going to get him.

Ken Rosenthal thinks we ought to trade 'high' on Colby Rasmus. I don't. I don't think it would be trading high. Colby is just 25. He's coming off a pretty bad season and, at the half way point of this one, is hitting .259/.321/.492. I don't see this as being his high point.

Beyond that, I'm really not ready to hand the job over to Anthony Gose. Gose is hitting .293/.373/.422, but it is Vegas. He is just 21, I don't see why we'd be a hurry to hand him the job. He definitely won't be the hitter Colby is. And he isn't on the 40-man, I don't see why we would be in a hurry to add him to it. No reason to start all the clocks running.

Would you trade Colby?