Adeiny Hechavarria #3 (Photo by Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images)
We've looked at how our 1-5 prospects and 6-10 are fairing this year. Now it is time for the 11-15 group:
11. Adeiny Hechavarria, SS: He's in Vegas, just a step away and hitting .317/.364/.455, with 6 home runs, 27 walks, 67 strikeouts and 8 stolen bases in 78 games. He's on a 6 game hitting streak at the moment, with 9 hits in his last 24 at bats, 1 triple and 2 home runs. He's been pretty consistent with monthly OPS of .800, .843 and .719 the first three months of this season. I'm really curious what the Jays plan to do with him.
12. Jacob Anderson, OF: Jacob got into 9 games in the GCL, after the Jays picked him with the 35 overall choice in last year's draft. This year he's starting in Bluefield. He's only had 13 games, since their season just started, He's hitting just .167/.327/.190, 1 double, 6 walks, 22 strikeouts in 42 at bats. I guess you know that striking out in more than half your at bats isn't good.
13. Adonys Cardona, RHP: Adonys is playing in the GCL, and they aren't far into their season either. He's pitched in 4 games, with 1 start, 8.2 innings in total, 5 hits, 2 earned, 4 walks, 10 strikeouts. Just 18 so he is a long way away yet.
14. Joe Musgrove, RHP: Another one that is in Bluefield, out of last year's draft. He's just been in 2 games, 1 start, 8 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned, 0 walks and 9 strikeouts. He's 19.
15. Carlos Perez, C:Carlos didn't have a great season, last year, in Lansing so he is repeating the level. This year is going better. In 62 games he is hitting .265/.348/.420 with 4 home runs, 31 walks and 33 strikeouts. He's also thrown out 45% of the few base stealers that are dumb enough to try to steal on him.