The Late Saturday Short Stuff Links

Recap of Jays 4-2 Loss

Blue Jays lose to White Sox 4-2 - thestar.com
Recap of last night's close loss from the Star

Weary Jays fall to the White Sox and Peavy - The Globe and Mail
We're so tired... we're so very tired... we're pooped.

White Sox’ bats perk up for Jake Peavy in 4th straight win - Chicago Sun-Times
The game from the other side's point of view. Much easier to read when the Jays win.

Jays News

Griffin: Blue Jays pitcher Carlos Villanueva brings leadership to rotation - thestar.com
Carlos is the MAN according to the former PR Guy of the Expos. CV assumes leadership of the rotation in a difficult time.

Aaron Hill, Kelly Johnson, And The Trade That Worked For Everyone - Baseball Nation
See MLB GMs? Not of AA's trades are Jedi mind tricks. I kind have wished Aaron were hitting like that when he was in Toronto, but you can't have everything.

MLB News

Padres Reportedly Selling For $800 Million - Baseball Nation
Pads sold to the guys who once owned the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers and for a generation or six, the most hated name in all of Brooklyn. Got pretty boring swimming in pools of money, I guess.

Brian Roberts Injury: Hip Tear Spoils Comeback - Baseball Nation
Bad news for the O's. One of the best 2B when healthy, but no such luck.

Today in Baseball History

Baseball History July 7th - National Pastime - Baseball History
Jays related... one time Jay Rico Carty was elected to the All Star game in 1970, the first player ever to win a spot in the starting lineup on a write in ballot.

1998 AL All Stars beat NL All Stars 13-8 at (no surprise) Coors Field. Former Jay and soon to be Jay David Wells started and followed by the only Jay selected, soon to be former Jay and unpleasant human being Roger Clemens who got lit up for one inning of work.