Luis Perez Placed On The DL

KANSAS CITY, MO - JUNE 7: Reliever Luis Perez #47 of the Toronto Blue Jays pitches in the eighth inning against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium on June 7, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by G. Newman Lowrance/Getty Images)

Well, there goes the hope that this wasn't serious:

The ‪#Bluejays‬ are going to DL Luis Perez with left elbow tightness. He's going to Florida for further examination, Farrell says. ‪

That from a Arash Madani thwip.

But then it seem might not be overly serious. With the 4 days off, the 15-Day DL wouldn't have him missing as many games as normal. Perez has pitched in 34 games with a 2-2 record, 3.07 ERA in 41 innings. Hope he is back soon.

We have a few days before the Jays have to decide who takes his spot on the active roster. I'd like them to go back to a 7 man bullpen, but I doubt it somehow. Maybe Evan Crawford will be back to give us another lefty in the pen.

I'd like it noticed that I wasn't at the game today, so you can't blame me. So there.