26. Roberto Osuna, RHP: The 17 year old just moved up to Vancouver and had a beautiful start for them, getting 13 strikeouts in 5 innings, allowing just 1 hit and 1 walk. Before that he pitched in 7 games at Bluefield, 4 starts, for a total of 24 innings, 18 hits, 1 home runs, 6 walks and 24 strikeouts with a 1.50 ERA. I get the feeling he will be a lot higher on prospect list next year. He's makes for interesting decisions for the Blue Jay management, how far up the ladder do you want to move a 17 year old, he is already playing with guys much older than he is. But if he continues to overmatch the opposition by that much, how much value it it for him to stay at this level. We'll see, it was only the one start.
27. David Cooper, 1B: Cooper has split time between Toronto and Vegas. He's done just fine both places, hitting .271/.311/.400 with 2 home runs and 6 RBI in 26 major league games. In 68 games with the 51's he is hitting .314/.395/.540 with 10 home runs and 52 RBI. I'm not wanting to see him hit cleanup, like he did last night, but he's doing a pretty good job.
28. John Stilson, RHP: The long tall Texan started the year at Dunedin, going 3-0 with a 2.82 ERA in 13 starts. 56 hits, 19 walks, 2 home runs, 47 strikeouts in 54.1 innings. They moved him up to New Hampshire, where he is 2-3, 4.85 in 9 starts. 39 hits, 4 home runs, 17 walks and 32 strikeouts in 39 innings. His last couple of starts haven't gone well, giving up 9 earned in 7 innings. He just turned 22 last week.
29. Chad Jenkins, RHP: He hasn't had a good time of it in New Hampshire (if he was doing well, we'd have seen him in Toronto by now). He is 5-9, 4.96 in 20 starts. 145 hits, 17 home runs, 31 walks, 57 strikeouts in 114.1 innings. He is on a little run of 3 good starts, 18.1 innings and 5 earned for a 2.45 ERA. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.
30. Dickie Thon, Jr., SS: Thon has left the ranks of prospects, hitting just .20/.314/.308, 2 home runs, 4 steals and 3 times caught, in 32 games at Bluefield. He is just 20 but he's had more than his share of health problems.