And it makes no sense and it makes perfect sense; Jays @ Mariners GameThread

We have the highest scoring team in baseball (well maybe not anymore, I haven't looked at the numbers in a couple of days), but then some days (weeks?) we can't score.

Right now, we are missing our best player (and it doesn't sounds like he'll back in a hurry), our catcher, our DH and our corner outfielders are Rajai Davis and Anthony Gose. Add in that everybody else seems to be in a slump and it is a surprise when we do score.

The lineups:

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS SEATTLE MARINERS
Brett Lawrie, 3B Dustin Ackley, 2B
Colby Rasmus, CF Michael Saunders, CF
Edwin Encarnacion, DH Jesus Montero, DH
Kelly Johnson, 2B John Jaso, C
Yunel Escobar, SS Kyle Seager, 3B
David Cooper, 1B Casper Wells, RF
Rajai Davis, LF Mike Carp, 1B
Jeff Mathis, C Eric Thames, LF
Anthony Gose, RF Brendan Ryan, SS

I'll wish you luck, Thames, but after today, ok?

Starting pitchers:

2012 - Carlos Villanueva 6-0 27 5 0 0 0 0 61.2 48 21 20 8 31 65 2.92 1.28

2012 - Blake Beavan 6-6 15 15 0 0 0 0 83.0 92 48 48 12 12 44 5.20 1.25

Carlos has been so good. Hoping he will be again.

You know the rules, follow them. Most of them add up to 'don't act like a child'. I always think that I should add a strange rule like all replies to comments should rhyme with the comment that it is replying too, but maybe not tonight.

The post title comes from a Alejandro Escovedo song Chelsea Hotel '78. I saw Alejandro on the weekend. As my son said, his amp goes up to 13, but he was so good it was worth 10% of my hearing. He really rocks.

Go Jays, let's have a win. It seems like hours since we've been .500.