Blue Jay Roster Moves: David Carpenter Recalled

David Carpenter as an Astro. (Photo by Jeff Curry/Getty Images)

The Blue Jays recalled David Carpenter from Vegas to take the roster spot of Brett Lawrie, who was put on the 15-day DL yesterday.

Carpenter is 27 and is in his 2nd Major League season having posted a 0-2 record with a 6.07 ERA in 30 relief appearances for the Astros before we picked him up in the J.A. Happ trade on July 20. He had a 1-3 record with a 2.93 ERA last year. Down in Vegas he pitched in 8 games with a 0-1 record and a 1.93 ERA, with 14 strikeouts in just 9.1 innings.

So we are back to the 8 man bullpen. I wonder how Farrell is going to find work for all these guys.