41. Kellen Sweeney: Kellen is not having a good year. He started the season at Lansing and hit .179/.297/.207 in 43 games. A .207 slugging average doesn't scream prospect. They demoted him to Vancouver and he hasn't been all that much better, hitting .204/.322/359. August has seen a jump in his numbers, .250/.382/.500, so maybe he has turned a corner. Kellen was a second round pick in 2010, he's 20, turns 21 in September. He's playing third base.
42. Christian Lopes: Lopes was a 7th round pick in last year's draft, and is doing pretty good in his first pro season, hitting .264/.333/.472 with 4 triples, 3 homers 13 walks and 32 strikeouts in 37 games at Bluefield. Too many strikeouts, but he is just 19. He's been playing second and some short. I think his future is at 2B. His last 10 games have gone real well, .316/.366/.553.
43. Anthony DeSclafani: Anthony was a 6th round pick from last year's draft out of the University of Florida. His first pro season is going well, 9-3, 2.78 ERA in 23 games, 16 starts at Lansing. In 100 innings, he's allowed 112 hits, 3 home runs, 18 walks with 69 strikeouts. There are a lot of ground outs coming off his pitches, 1.71 per fly out. He's 22.
44. Dawel Lugo: Dawel was an international free agent signing from the Dominican Republic. We spent $1.3 million on him. He's not doing great in the GCL, hitting just .230/.282/.377, with 5 triples, 2 home runs, 5 steals, 5 walks and 18 strikeouts, but he is only 17, so he has a long way to go. He's playing shortstop. His last 10 games have been much better, .351/.385/.459.
45. Wuilmer Becerra: Another international signing, this one from Venezuela. 6'4" 190 at 17 years old. He is on the 60 day DL at the moment. I don't know what the injury is, I know he was hit by a pitch, and left the game back on July 3rd. Before that, in 11 games, Wuilmer was hitting .250/.359/.375 in 11 games. 60 days from July 3 makes it very doubtful that he will play again his year. I hope he's healthy going into next season.