Another Game, Another Loss

August 11, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; New York Yankees designated hitter Derek Jeter (2) beats the throw to Toronto Blue Jays first baseman David Cooper (30) during the third inning against the Toronto Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. Actually he didn't beat it out but the umpire gives the Jeter call. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

Yankees 5 Blue Jays 2

I'm getting pretty numb to it all. Yunel Escobar hurt? Ok. Another loss. No problem.

I think it is time to take Aaron Laffey out of the rotation. Let Chad Jenkins start, at least until Brandon Morrow is back. At least Jenkins might have a future with the team, let's let him see what it is like to start against an MLB team. Laffey doesn't have a future in our rotation. I hope.

Laffey did have his moments, he looked pretty good for the first 3 innings, but then had a 4 run 4th. In total, 5.2, 7 htis, 5 earned, 4 walks and 2 strikeouts.

The bullpen looked good. 3.1 innings of shutout ball from Aaron Loup, Jenkins and Brandon Lyon. Jenkins looked good in his inning, he only threw 8 pitches to get his 3 outs. I figured they would let him go another inning.

On offense, we, again, didn't do a lot. 5 hits, 2 each for Rajai Davis and Edwin Encarnacion. 1 for Kelly Johnson. Rajai scored both of our runs, Edwin drove him in both times.

Anthony Gose looked particularly over matched, 0 for 4 with 4 strikeouts, chasing and missing breaking balls and not being able to catch up to fastballs. I still think he should be out there playing everyday, as long as he is up with the team, but I'm also thinking he could be the first to go down if Jose Bautista can join the team before September 1st. Moises Sierra was 0 for 4 with 2 k. Adeiny Hechavarria went 0 for 3, but hit the ball hard 2 of his times up. David Cooper and Yan Gomes also went 0 for, Gomes is now hitting .169.

Edwin gets the Jay of the Day at .112 WPA. Rajai deserves an honorable mention. Suckage goes to Laffey (-.209), Cooper (-.136), Sierra (-.113) and Gose (-.108). Gose at least was talking with Dwayne Murphy in between at bats, he seems like he wants to improve. I love watching him place defense in center. And Adeiny Hechavarri's defense makes it worth watching the games by itself.

Tomorrow J.A. Happ gets his second start as a Blue Jay. Phil Hughes (.11-9, 4.10) gets to lower his ERA for the Yankees. It is another 1:00 Eastern start.

7 games below .500 and counting. Yunel, I hope you are ok.

Late news: Yankees ace CC Sabathia has been put on the 15-day DL and is off to see the doctor about his elbow.

SB Nation Featured Video