Five is Not So Alive Sunday Aug 12, 2012 Links

I spent most of the day painting my basement so I missed the Jays sinking deeper into the AL East Basement. At this point, one (win) would be better than six (losses in a row.)

SILLY NARRATIVE RECAP

Toronto Blue Jays’ skid hits five games after 5-2 loss to New York Yankees - thestar.com
Five is the currently the worst number that you'll ever know.

Aaron Laffey, Toronto Blue Jays done in by big inning against New York Yankees | MLB | Sports | National Post
The Yanks had the Last Laffey.

Ivan Nova bounces back to pitch the Yankees past the Toronto Blue Jays, 5-2 - NY Daily News
Seems quite a stupid narrative considering that the Jays did not have Brett Lawrie, JP Arencibia, Yunel Escobar, Jose Bautista and even Adam Lind. Jeez.

More links after the jump

JAYS LINK

The Upheaval of Roberto Osuna -- Jays Journal
JJ looks at Osuna who opened a lot of eyes with his performances in Bluefield and Vancouver at 17.

MLB LINKS

That Guy: The No-Hit First Baseman, Or, The 'Worst Baseman.' - Baseball Nation
First base is a marquee offensive position, so most starting first basemen tend to be good hitters. In the first installment of "That Guy" we examine the guy who isn't.

CC Sabathia heading to the 15-day disabled list as Yankees ace dealing with elbow inflammation - NY Daily News
Here's the lesson kids. If you want to play baseball against the Jays then you have to play Safe Baseball.

Rangers Place Mike Napoli On Disabled List - MLB Daily Dish
The Franky Frank trade isn't look so bad now, eh? Kidding... sort of.

Make Or Break Year: How Are They Doing?: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Ouch on Adam Lind.

Baseball History - August 12th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1974 En route to a 4-2 victory over Boston, Angels' right-hander Nolan Ryan strikes out a major league record 19 batters. It will be the second of three 19-K performances for the fireballer this season. 2000 At Shea Stadium, the Giants get two unusual runs in the fourth inning as Mets outfielder Benny Agbayani catches what he thinks is the third out and gives the ball to a kid in the stands. The mental lapse of not knowing there was only one out in the frame allows both runners on base to score, but the Mets will prevail beating San Francisco, 3-2.