Rajai Davis Drives In 5 Runs and Makes An Amazing Catch, Blue Jays Beat The Yankees

We didn't have a picture of Rajai's catch, so we'll game do with a hit. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

Yankees 7 Blue Jays 10

A Win! Yay! And Runs. Who figured we'd score 10 runs in a week?

That catch by Rajai Davis must have been the best catch by a Jays' outfielder since Devon White. Climbing the wall, Rajia? Timed it perfectly. Pulled back a home run.

J.A. Happ was having a great start, at least until he tired in the 6th. He game up a single to start off the game, erased it with a double play and then didn't allow another base runner until the 5th. He gave up a run in the 5th and 3 in the 6th, helped along by homers by Derek Jeter and Robinson Cano. His totals, 5.2, 6 hits, 4 earned, 0 walks, and 4 k don't look great but I thought he looked pretty good.

Brad Lincoln came in to finish the 6th. He had troubles in the 7th, giving up 4 hits and 3 runs before Farrell mercifully pulled him. We really didn't need him to make a game of it. Thankfully Darren Oliver too over for him and got us out of the 7th, and then pitched a perfect 8th. Casey Janssen threw a quick 9th to get his 15th save.

The big news is that we got some offense. 10 runs, 14 hits. Everyone in the starting lineup had at least 1 hit except for Anthony Gose, who did take a walk. Highlights include:

Jays of the Day are Happ (.214 WPA) and Davis (.095). I'm going to give one to Oliver too, I'd have cried if we blew that one. And let's have one for Edwin as well. No Suckage Jays, Brad Lincoln gave it a run, getting a -.063.

Tomorrow we start a series against the Chicago White Sox. Carlos Villanueva (6-2, 3.30) and Jake Peavy (9-8, 3.08) are the starters for game one.

SB Nation Featured Video