Finally finished. Really no team has 50 real prospects, these guys are more like potential prospects. But then all these 5 are interesting, they could end up being good. Well, maybe not so much for Crawford. The earlier posts are 1-56-1011-1516 -2021-2531-35, 36-40 and 41-45.
46. Evan Crawford: You all know about him, he's been one of the guys yo-yoed from Toronto to the minors this year. Farrell said great things about him in spring training, and like a lot of guys he has said great things about, he goes back down to the minors. In the majors, he's pitched in 10 games, 8 innings, 10 hits, 6 earned, 3 home runs, 4 walks, 5 k. He's pitched in 25 games at Vegas 5.60 ERA, 27.1 innings, 34 hits, 2 home runs, 14 walks, and 25 k. I have a feeling that this will be his life for the next few years, a few days getting major league meal money and then back to the minors.
47. Jairo Labourt: He's an international free agent signing from the Dominican. In his 2nd pro season, he is playing for the GCL Blue Jays. 10 starts, 0-2, 30.2 innings, 30 hits, 2 home runs, 19 walks, 31 k. Just 18, he's 6'4", 204 pounds and can throw his fastball in the 90's.
48. Gabriel Cenas: Yet another International free agent signing, this time from Venezuela. He's playing in the GCL too, and not hitting much, .190/.284/.285. He's 18, in his second pro season. We'd like to see him make some contact with the ball, sooner or later.
49. Jesus Gonzalez: Signed as a international free agent last year, from Venezuela. He's 17, playing RF in the GCL. He's got a .238/.286/.344 line, 3 home runs, 9 walks and 45 strikeouts in 151 at bats.
50. Dalton Pompey: Dalton has been injured, he's only played 11 games for Vancouver, hitting .294/.442/441, with 9 walks, 7 k and 3 stolen bases. Really good, in a small sample size way. I don't know what the injury is, the Jays are pretty quiet about injuries in the minors. Just 19, so he can afford a missed year.