Walk-Off Hit for David Cooper: Blue Jays Beat White Sox

August 13, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Moises Sierra (14) hits a home run in the seventh inning against the Chicago White Sox at the Rogers Centre. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

White Sox 2 Blue Jays 3 (11 innings)

Nice to get a walk-off win. It would have been nicer to have the win in 9, but Casey Janssen had his first blown save since April 14th, after 15 straight saves. I guess we can forgive this one. Adam Dunn had two home runs, a massive shot off Carlos Villanueva in the 4th to tie the game 1-1 and the one in the 9th to tie the game again.

We didn't get much offense, just 7 hits, 2 for Moises Sierra, who had his first major league home run, as well as his first major league walk, 2 for Edwin Encarnacion, getting an RBI and an important hit in the 11th to set up Cooper's heroics. And 2 for Cooper. Omar Vizquel had our other hit.

On the pitching side, Carlos Villanueva was great. 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 walk, 8 strikeouts, with the only blemish the longball served up to Dunn. A really good start for Carlos. If he can continue like this he might pitch his way into having a shot at our rotation next year.

Brandon Lyon pitched a quick 8th, getting 2 ks. Then Casey gave up the opposite field homer to Dunn. Steve Delabar was amazing in the 10th, getting 4 strikeouts (Tyler Flowers reached on a wild pitch on strike 3). Delabar then got 2 more strikeouts in the 11th.

Jays of the Day are Carlos (.342 WPA), Delabar (.294), Edwin (.202), Moises (.182) and Lyon (.126). Suckage to Casey (-.180), Rajai (-.169, 0 for 5), Yunel (-.104, 0 for 4, 2 k) and Mathis (0 for 3, walk, and allowing 2 wild pitches in the 10th).

Nice to start the series off with a win. Tomorrow We have Henderson Alvarez (7-9, 4.58) starting for the Jays, Jose Quintana (4-2, 2.78) for the Pale Hose.